Module 7 FrailtySIM - Walking through Frailty
Walking through Frailty provides experiential learning to build awareness and understanding of the different levels of frailty and how that affects the everyday lives of older people living with frailty.
It can be used to support learning associated with:
Prevention and Risk Reduction; Understanding Frailty; and Frailty Identification and assessment.
The objectives of this module are to:
- Understand the impact of differing levels of frailty on a person’s ability to carry out everyday tasks;
- Apply the knowledge from module 4 to consider the type of support that may be needed for different levels of frailty;
- Increase awareness of prevention and risk reduction opportunities.
Local Trainer Resources include:
- Facilitator’s guide & instructions.
- Walking through Frailty workbook.
- Introduction and debrief transcripts for each level of frailty: Fit, Mild, Moderate, and Severe.
- Prompts and ideas for using module to support different learning opportunities.
- A Practical Guide to Healthy Ageing (NHS England / Age UK)
This module forms part of the following bundles: