Module 9 Nirmala’s Multi-Disciplinary Team
The module uses scripted role play cards to provide background information about Nirmala’s extended stay in hospital following her stroke and fall. The role play cards also introduce the different members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) that supported Nirmala.
Once the information has been shared across the team, the MDT is encouraged to combine this information with the understanding gained from Nirmala’s video in module 2 and explore a range of topics and apply the breadth of their skills, knowledge and understanding. This includes using Nirmala’s story to work on discharge planning.
The objectives of this module are to:
- Apply the knowledge, understanding and skills of modules 1 - 3 to a hospital-based case example, including understanding what is important and how to achieve the principles of supporting independence in a hospital setting.
- Explore the roles and perspectives of different members of the MDT.
- Explore how to involve the family in a hospital setting and to support discharge from hospital.
- Work together as a multi-disciplinary team.
Local Trainer Resources include:
- What’s important A5 flash cards
- What’s important exercise card
- MDT Role Play Cards
This module forms part of the following bundles: