Module 2 Understanding Frailty
The module includes a concise slide presentation, the Frailty Fulcrum animation and a narrated video of Nirmala’s story which is used to explore and assess understanding of the Frailty Fulcrum model.
The objectives of the module are:
- Provide a definition for frailty and how it relates to an ageing population
- Explain what frailty looks like, what it is made up of, and what it means to the individual.
- Introduce the Frailty Fulcrum as a multi-dimensional model for frailty.
- Highlight the impact of acute health events and how they frequently present as one of the Frailty Syndromes.
Local Trainer Resources include:
- Understanding Frailty powerpoint presentation and associated speaker notes
- Frailty Fulcrum animation
- Frailty Fulcrum Domain guidance booklet
- Nirmala’s story as a narrated video, slide presentation or handout to suit available technology
- Nirmala’s story Fulcrum exercise question sheets (recall and recognition)
- Frailty Fulcrum exercise card for applying to own case examples
- A1 Frailty Fulcrum template
- Participants handouts including Overview of Frailty Fulcrum and Frailty Syndrome & domain summary card.
This module forms part of the following bundles: